Sunday, February 22, 2009

Traverse City, but I had to stay home!




My mom took cousins Emily and Jeremie up to Traverse City yesterday but she didn't let me go with them. They got to eat at North Peak Brewery and here's a picture of them with their North Peak brewed root beer floats. North Peak has the vanila malted ice cream custom made for them. Mom swears it is the best in the world, but I shall probably never know because it is so good that no one will ever share it with me, I'm sure. Mom told me the reason I couldn't go is because the weather was supposed to be so bad. She even took this picture of the blizzard up there. She says they got about 8" of snow while she was there and that I'm lucky I didn't have to drive in that mess. 175 miles of unplowed roads all the way home and it took about 2 1/2 hours longer than normal to make the drive. I say I would have been comfy and cozy in my heated car throw. But then she also took this picture of her with the giant bears and I probably wouldn't have liked those bears. I instead got to say with Aunt Karin and Uncle Craig and eat lots of treats and bark at Uncle Craig all bundled up plowing their driveway because all bundled up, Uncle Craig doesn't look like Uncle Craig!

1 comment:

  1. That was the best root beer float I have ever had in my entire life!!

    ReplyDelete