Friday, March 6, 2009

I love my mom!



Today it is supposed to be really warm here in SW Michigan (it was still 56 when we got up) so Mom took the day off to work on the Rear Door. I got up and made my mom pancakes and sausage for breakfast. I LOVE my mom! She always makes sure I have the latest fashions to wear. She bought me the heated blanket so I can stay warm in the car and she even repurposed the really cool chest my great-great-great-grandfather built for my great-great-grandmother when she was a little girl, to keep her doll clothes in. We LOVE that chest, because, as woodworkers, we really appreciate fine woods and g-g-g-grandpa used all kinds of cool woods - tiger maple, birdseye maple, quilted maple, etc. and then he really had an eye for putting them together. See what you think - I took a picture of it. As soon as we finish our pancakes and sausage, we're off to the shop to work on RD. Mom's got lots of oak boards to plane so no time to waste on the computer (ahem, MOM)!

No comments:

Post a Comment